Sunday, December 7, 2014

Trek Notes:A Journey To Australian Camp- Amusement and Difficulties Part-2



Trek Notes: A Personal Journal
Day 2: From Annapurna Conservation Area to Australian Camp, Nepal
Height: 2000 meters from sea level
Time: Minimum 6 hours


Lunch Break

From the previous tale of my journey, the road was comparatively smooth, though it was full of small pebbles; but somehow the crushing sound of trodden pebbles under our restless feet gave me a sensation of adventure! After encountering with a handful new good and bad experiences, we came to know that we have already crossed half of the way, and indubitably, the easiest part is covered. We stopped by for a short lunch break and though I was really under a leech-traumatic condition, still I could not restrain myself from admiring how amazingly beautiful the place was; Such mind soothing greenary, mild green pulpy grasses, and a beautiful road going between the pine trees.

Here we stopped for lunch, not inside the place, outside of it :P

I never lived in heaven, but I was quite sure, Almighty has left a piece of it here. I went looking for more and found Anh and Dikshya chatting but something else had found me beforehand.



Dikshya and Anh chatting


Look, A Blister!

I was not wearing any socks, and as an inevitable consequence, I felt sharp itching sensation between two of my right foot-fingers.
And yeah, there it was; A new-born tiny blister. The area turned out reddish. Here is a short tips for you all that whenever you go on a trek, or a hike, must remember to wear socks and whenever you feel that you are about to get a blister get a bandage or duck-tape around the suffered area. It will prevent the blister from getting worse.
Though my blister could not stop me from doing all the crazy things I could have done! Here is a little glimpse of our ecstatic madness :

The bubbly Dikshya!

Sweetest Anh!

Crazy me -_-

The lunch we had


Care to Look into the Toilets?

As soon as we got finished with our lunch, we prepared to move on and for a regular check out routine we started going to the toilet. When Jess came back and I asked her about the condition of it, she just gave me look and said "why don't you go and find yourself!' that was a clear alarm. Still, as I already mentioned in my previous post, never to ignore a toilet if you find one! So.. to avoid the worst consequences I went on.
I better not write anymore on the topic but yes, I would like to point out one thing that the sooner you learn how to use a toilet without water, the better prepared you are for a trek!


The Road Which Was Taken

See the road?


I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
   Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— 
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
                                                                           - Robert Frost


But here,  I will be talking about the road which was taken, the beautiful road that went through the long, soothing pine trees, under dark deep blue cloudy sky, yes, that was the road we took to proceed forward. It was totally amazing. It was one of best roads I have ever passed by, and I am glad, and never regretted that I had to through this path which definitely made all the difference..



A Tea Break

What can be better than a tea break when you just started to realize that the road had started to show it's true color. Gradually the condition of the road got worsened and we were like praying in each minute to stop by somewhere, even if it had to as an excuse to take photographs -_-
In this crucial time when the sky became extremely cloudy with the anticipation of rain in any moment, we found a little hut on a corner of the sloppy road; basically it was situated on the top-corner of a foot-hill we were crossing by. I don't remember whose proposition it was to get a tea break or we just rushed into the hut when the rain started hitting, but whatever it was, it was absolutely epiphanic.

I don't have any photograph, just the memory, but still a vivid one. The gathering we had, the moments and times we spent together by playing stupid games, by laughing on absolutely stupid stuffs, but all of them seemed so perfect on that particular moment, just so perfect and happy.

And the funny part was whenever I had taken a bit of rest I felt like I could fly now, and just after 2 minutes of walking I was dead tired just like before. haha!


During my stay in Nepal, it rained quite often, more like on a regular basis, but on some particular epiphanic moment like this, I could say I started to fall, like a formation of poetry..
You cannot match up the rhymes at first, cannot shape what to write and how to express, but all of a sudden, it is there, like enlightenment.
Yes, falling in love also a poetry, just like a journey!

Hush.. It's Raining

Hush
and listen
Listen to the rain
Do you remember, when the first time I looked into your eyes?
It was dark and deep
the moment had some unspoken words to keep
And, it was raining
Rain whispered
Was it love, or just a flake of time ..?

Hush
and see
See it's raining
Do you remember the the first time you hold my hand?
the smile we shared
the moments were spared
Just to meet those unrevealed sparks hidden under the clouds
And, it was raining
Rain whispered
Was it love, or just a flake of time.. ?

Hush
and feel
Feel the drops
Do you remember when we walked on the wet path
under the green shade and over the grey clouds
Did the drops touch you as they touched me?
Did they make you shiver as they made me?
Did not you hear those drops splashed and whispered
It is love but also a flake of time ..

So take my hand before the rain stops
Feel the rythm of those dazzling drops
See, and listen, listen what it whispers..
Love is nothing, but a flake of time..

Keep an eye on for the part three of awesome journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment